New Shopping Cart Improvements
August 28, 2018
Did you know that over 50% of all site traffic* is coming from a mobile device? We did! This is why we redesigned the shopping cart funnel with a“mobile-first” mindset bringing your customers a better checkout experience on the small screen.
So what is so great about this new checkout experience?
We’re so glad you asked! Here are 3 fun facts about the new design:
1. The newly designed checkout funnel is driven by research and data! Our User Experience team did competitive analysis across 20+ eCommerce sites. We also audited the existing experience and found pain points that we’ve painstakingly addressed in the new design.
2. Along with the new design is a brand spanking new technical architecture that powers it.
3. We designed everything with your brand in mind. New Cart & Checkout pages supports custom brand logos.
We’re excited to announce the newly optimized checkout experience will be launching tomorrow, rolling out the complete checkout experience slowly over the next few weeks.
As a result, some customers may see the old checkout experience during this time period. This is all temporary, and we will be releasing the newly optimized checkout experience real soon!
Keep an eye out for the notification updates in your Fullscreen Direct admin as we’ll be posting the formal launch date there!
- Make Cart & Checkout YOURS by adding your brand logo. You can do so in Admin > Store > Settings, and in the lower right hand corner, upload your logo.
- Clear call to action to LOG IN, SIGN UP, or continue with Guest Checkout.
- The New Cart Item design has clear unit pricing and quantity. Changed your mind? Not to worry, you can EDIT or REMOVE in Cart.
- Have a coupon code? This new feature makes it easy to add coupon code in the Cart. Your customer can see the lower price before entering Checkout.
~30% of fans across all accounts on the FSD platform are repeat buyers! For your loyal fans, we’ve made checkout so simple that it is now only ONE PAGE! After login, your fan will be able to review their information then place an order all on the same page! Just in case anything has changed since their last purchase (new shipping address maybe?). They can CHANGE the information at any time.
The new customer checkout experience is just as great too! We’ve broken out checkout into 4 easy steps to help guide your fan to run through the purchase flow with breeze.
The new Order Confirmation page has all the deets in one page!
Do I Need To Do Anything?
Now that you can make the Cart & Checkout YOURS, head to the STORE settings to upload your brand logo.
You can do so in Admin > Store > Settings, and in the lower right-hand corner, upload your logo according to specs.
*Note (1) Statistic captured across all accounts on FSD platform. Site usage across device type: 55% mobile / 38% desktop / 7% tablet